Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fall Faculty Workshop


It's hard to believe that classes start tomorrow!  My last few weeks were consumed with teaching an intensive five weeks summer course and then getting things ready for the Fall semester.  Unfortunately one of our retired Jesuit faculty who had been assigned to teach an elective on Sacraments needs to take some extra time off and so I had to pick up his course.  While I'm qualified to teach the course, I've had to spend lots of time prepping for it and building a webpage for the course.

Yesterday we had our Fall Faculty Workshop during which we discussed our mission, pedagogy, and the up-coming re-accreditation process that happens every ten years.  Rockhurst faculty are commited to offering high-quality education that ever adapts to the needs of students in a changing global environment.

I look forward to an exciting semester and year!

No comments: